X-Files: I Want To Believe hits theaters on July 25th and for those of you that have waited years for his sequel to hit the big screen you might want to turn around and run from your computer now so you will not be tempted. On the next page you will find major spoilers for the movie that will give away serious plot points. I have not read them or looked at them—just a quick copy and paste so you can take it for what it is worth. David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are watching so don’t piss them off!
THIS SPOILERS ARE JUST POSSIBLE – PLEASE TAKE THEM WITH A GRAIN OF SALT
– Mulder and Scully have not been separated the past 6 years. The first shippy scene has them spooning in bed. Throughout the entire first part of the movie, their conversations are light and comfortable, including the one that takes place in Mulder’s office when he still has a beard.
– They talk about William.
– During the movie they break up over a disagreement concerning their future and in true Mulder and Scully style, they create some pretty impressive angst.
– The second to last scene of the movie is the one that got leaked by Flynet -with Mulder and Scully kissing. It starts out as a goodbye scene, but they literally ‘kiss and make up’. Chris Carter (though my money’s on Frank) does indeed like happy endings.
– The real ‘happy ending’ doesn’t occur until almost after the credits (so be sure to remain seated!), but it’s too bizarre to even describe it, so you will just have to wait and see.
– The plot is a little incomprehensible and not really interesting. It’s not scary either, but YMMV. I got the impression that at that times it was so hard to figure out what was going on that it took away from all the scariness.
– All in all, the movie is very shipper heavy and plot light.