Heath Ledger, 28, was found dead in his SOHO New York apartment this afternoon at 3:35 PM. Police are saying no foul play is suspected and no cause of death has been reported. Ledger rose to fame with roles in “A Knight’s Tale” and “Monsters Ball” before hitting the level of superstar with his Oscar nominated role in “Brokeback Mountain”. Ledger’s latest project is in the Batman sequel reprising the role made famous by Jack Nicholson.
Heath Ledger – April 4, 1979 – January 22, 2008 RIP
- As of 8PM EST some details have been released. Ledger was found face down and naked on his bed by his maid.
- Sleeping pills and or bottles were around the apartment
- His family has issued a statement saying there is no way Heath committed suicide
- He was ill with pneumonia at the time of his death
- An autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow